Legal Question in Legal Malpractice in Illinois

Do I have the right to be with my child during a procedure to get fillings under nitrous at the dentist? I was told by him that he would not treat her if I stayed during the treatment. He was very rude and didn't want to discuss anything about her treatment. He wanted to make all the decisions.

Asked on 9/16/10, 10:16 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

Nima Taradji Taradji Law Offices

Not only you have the right, but you also have the right to know all about the treatment, procedures and everything there is to know--that is if your child is a minor and you are the legal guardian.

Take your child to some other doctor.

I would also recommend you reporting the doctor to the Illinois Department of Professional Regulation because I find the sort of behavior you have described very suspicious.

I hope this helps-

Read more
Answered on 9/22/10, 4:29 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Legal Malpractice Law questions and answers in Illinois