Legal Question in Personal Injury in Illinois

Does the mother of a 18 year old involved in a car accident have any right to sue the drivers for his or her injuries

Asked on 8/30/14, 2:43 pm

2 Answers from Attorneys

Joseph Brabender Brabender & Chiang LLC

Generally no, unless the teenager died (or lost legal capacity due to the injuries). The teenager is an adult and would bring suit in his or her own name.

Read more
Answered on 8/30/14, 3:16 pm
Charles Candiano Candiano Law Office

No. Your son or daughter is a legal adult.

Read more
Answered on 8/30/14, 5:39 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Personal Injury Law and Tort Law questions and answers in Illinois