Legal Question in Real Estate Law in Illinois

How can I get rid of a first right of refusal on my house title?

Asked on 8/10/17, 10:25 am

2 Answers from Attorneys

Barry040 Bayer Law Offices of Barry D Bayer

It might take an expensive lawsuit which you have little chance of winning.

It might take asking the title company to remove it.

Without details it is impossible to tell.

Read more
Answered on 8/10/17, 10:52 am
Henry Repay Law Offices of Henry Repay

Your question cannot be considered appropriately from the information given. Arrange a consultation to review the background. If it is a right that was properly created and its purpose has not been rendered obsolete by developments, then there probably is not anything you can do short of an agreement from the holder of the right or proceeding with a possible sale and exercise of the right. In any event, you can get a better understanding based on an analysis of the documents and a better understanding of the history.

Read more
Answered on 8/10/17, 11:37 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Real Estate and Real Property questions and answers in Illinois