Legal Question in Social Security Law in Illinois

My brother in law and his wife have received my father in law's social security check and have moved out of state (per them). Currently my father in law is in the hospital not expected to live much longer and his money is not going to his care? What rights do we have and can we call police to investigate?

Asked on 8/06/11, 7:00 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

Contact the Social Security Administration and apply to be his payee. Does your father in law have a durable power of attorney for health care or property? If not, you may have to seek help from the circuit court to be appointed guardian of his person and estate.

Read more
Answered on 8/16/11, 4:23 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Social Security Law questions and answers in Illinois