Legal Question in Workers Comp in Illinois

My mother-in-law was injured at work and needs to have surgery. She will not be able to bathe/dress herself after surgery. Will they provide a home healthcare nurse to assist her with this?

Asked on 2/01/13, 9:22 pm

3 Answers from Attorneys

Sal Sheikh

Your mother in law needs an attorney ASAP!

Read more
Answered on 2/01/13, 10:15 pm
Nima Taradji Taradji Law Offices

Possibly they will but possibly they won't--if they can get away with it. Your mother in law should get the assistance of an attorney to make sure that all her benefits are given to her. A worker's compensation attorney or a personal injury attorney work on a contingency basis--that is your mother in law will pay no fee unless she collects.

Best advice--talk to an attorney.

Read more
Answered on 2/02/13, 5:35 am
Jason Marker Marker & Assosiates, Attorneys at Law, P.C.

She certainly is entitled to a home nurse. Make the request to the insurance carrier and if they don't agree, look for an attorney who can push the issue with a request for hearing in court. Im happy to answer any other questions you might have. Good luck.

Read more
Answered on 2/02/13, 11:35 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Workers' Compensation Law questions and answers in Illinois