Legal Question in Workers Comp in Illinois

i have been receiveing workercomp payment for 4 years is it legal for the company to cut my paid by 200 dollars

Asked on 11/16/12, 1:24 am

1 Answer from Attorneys

Charles Candiano Candiano Law Office

What you are receiving is TTD or temporary total disability. If you have been receiving these payments for four years you must have an extremely serious injury. It is obvious that no one can "cut" your benefits by any amount. With so serious an injury, it really is foolish for you not to hire an experienced Workers' Compensation attorney. In Illinois, an attorney can only charge you a fee on disputed items. For example, you are receiving TTD and have been receiving TTD for four years. No attorney can take any fee on that money. If the employer reduces your benefits, without justification, and your attorney has to fight to restore the benefits, your attorney would take 20% of the additional money he wins for you. Even then, Workers' Compensation attorneys do not take their fee until your case is over.

In Illinois, even after you pay the attorneys fee, you will always come out ahead when you hire an experienced Workers' Compensation attorney. You have not told us the nature of your injury but any injury that has To off work for four years requires a level of sophistication which is behind your ability. At the end of your case, what should you do? What is in your best interest? Should you enter into a settlement? Are you permanently and totally disabled? Are you entitled to a wage differential? Are you eligible for Social Security benefits? Do you need ongoing medical care?

Unless you know the answer to all of these questions, you need to find an experienced Workers' Compensation attorney who has the skill and ability to get the best possible outcome for you. More importantly, you need an attorney who is willing to take the time to explain your options so that you can make an informed decision as to what course of action truly is in your best interest.

Read more
Answered on 5/15/13, 3:36 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Workers' Compensation Law questions and answers in Illinois