Legal Question in Workers Comp in Illinois

workers comp case filed 8 years ago. now I have a hospital bill( from 2007) and bill collector telling me I have to pay or they will send bill to collections. Last year I recieved bills and attorney said not to pay they will take care of it.

Can I get another attorney to help . Do I have to pay this- I am on medicare(disability-age 54) and have medicaid also.

Asked on 7/08/15, 10:01 am

1 Answer from Attorneys

Charles Candiano Candiano Law Office

You are responsible for the bill unless the front of your contract recites that the bills are paid or your attorney otherwise included language to protect you. If your present attorney refuses to help, you need to have another Workers' Compensation attorney review the settlement to advise you further. We would be happy to review the document for you and advise.

Candiano Law Office

Charles J. Candiano

53 West Jackson Blvd.

Suite 1337

Chicago, IL 60604

(888) 373-9964 toll-free

(312) 465-2914 telephone

(312) 624-8184 fax


email: [email protected]

Read more
Answered on 7/08/15, 10:25 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Workers' Compensation Law questions and answers in Illinois