Legal Question in Education Law in India

hello sir goodev., My name is C L NIRANJAN in my all educational documents and presently i am a state govt. employee and.I want to change my name from C L NIRANJAN to Sumit Niranjan for all future purposes it possible or not and how can i do this,,,,,what procedures are adopted for this.....


Asked on 8/09/11, 11:08 am

4 Answers from Attorneys

Somnath Bharti Bharti & Associates (Advocates and Corporate Lawyers)

Sure, you can but if you specify the purpose you wish to change your change for, I will give you exact steps to be followed to accomplish the same.

Read more
Answered on 8/09/11, 11:31 am
Vishwa Arya Arya & Co.

in my opinion, purpose is immaterial. All you need to do is prepare an affidavit for change of name with old name and new name. Get this affidavit attested from the Executive Magistrate. Give Public Notice of change in the newspaper. Procedure upto this is common in all states. However, some states, in addition to above, require the publication of public notice in official state gazette. You may confirm about it, in your state, from the office of executive magistrate. Office of executive magistrate is where your local Sub-Divisional Magistrate sits.

Read more
Answered on 8/09/11, 5:47 pm
RAJIV GUPTA (Cell: +91 9811284735) [email protected]

procedure is pretty simple...publication and thereafter name change.

Read more
Answered on 8/09/11, 10:48 pm
Sanjay Kalra Sanjay Kalra & Associates

I have answered.

Read more
Answered on 8/11/11, 9:19 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Education Law questions and answers in India