Legal Question in Investment Law in India


My husband had applied for the gas agency under my name for which the interviews will be conducted very soon.But he wants to give the agency to his younger brother as he his very much sure that he will get the agency.My husband wants me to sign an agreement where he wants a NO OBJECTION from me.My husband is going to pay for the expenses in getting an agency.I do not want to give him N.O.C.

1) I want a hold on the agency what can i do now?

2) what is the legal process through which i can get back the agency if we get one?

Asked on 8/16/09, 12:07 pm

4 Answers from Attorneys

muhamed mustaque mk associates

1 He cannot do anything in th ematter

2 if you are the sole applicant ,whether your husband did formality, he has no role, they will select based on your merits,

Read more
Answered on 8/16/09, 12:18 pm
RAJIV GUPTA (Cell: +91 9811284735) [email protected]

in case your husband wants that the agency should be run by his brother and he is going to bear the expenses, there is no way you can stop him from doing so in case he is spending out of his self earned money. no court would help you in this regard.

Read more
Answered on 8/16/09, 12:36 pm
Sudershan Goel India Law Offices of Sudershan Goel - Advocate

Your question is premature. let the agency be allotted first and then you may exercise your options.

Read more
Answered on 8/18/09, 8:52 am
Seshadri Srinivasan

Even if you give NOC the validity of NOC will be questionable. It is safer not to give NOC.

Read more
Answered on 10/04/09, 5:58 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Investment Law questions and answers in India