Legal Question in Bankruptcy in Indiana


My attorney forgot to send my reaffirmation papers in to my mortgage and vehicle loan companies. Now my bankruptcy is discharged and the companies will not accept the reaffirmation. What can I do?

Asked on 3/07/08, 2:08 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

E. Brian Davis Davis Law Office

Re: Reaffirmation

You have several options. First, you can keep making payments and hope the creditors are OK with that (without a reaffirmation). There is some risk there, along with some benefit. Second, you can surrender the property and be done with it -- although that does not sound like what you want.

Third, you can seek to re-open the bankruptcy in order to file the reaffirmation agreements. Unfortunately, there will likely be a filing fee for the re-opening....

Good luck!

Read more
Answered on 3/07/08, 3:03 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Bankruptcy Law questions and answers in Indiana