Legal Question in Business Law in Indiana

Im at cashier at a small business in Indiana. I cashed a customers check that came into the store, which happen to be bad. We do not have a machine to scan the checks, we just write the divers license number and phone number on the back of the check. Is it legal for my employer to deduct the difference for the customers bad check from my personal paycheck? Is there anything i can do about it?

Thanks for any advice in advance!

Asked on 9/11/18, 2:15 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

Kenneth Wilk Rubino Ruman Crosmer & Polen

No, it is not proper. File a claim in small claims court or see a lawyer.

Read more
Answered on 9/12/18, 5:11 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Business Law questions and answers in Indiana