Legal Question in Business Law in Indiana

Increasing number of shares in Inc. company

I incorporated a new company recently. Foolishly on my part I initiated the company with only 100 shares and let all shares to myself as the sole owner (it's a small business). Now I realize that I might want to expand a bit and possibly share some stocks to either raise funds or reward dedicated employees. How can I accomplish that? How do I increase the number of shares available for my company?

Asked on 11/17/07, 2:24 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

C. David DuMond Law Offices of David DuMond

Re: Increasing number of shares in Inc. company

Give your company a little time to succeed. When it does, then you will be able to cheerfully pay a lawyer or accountant with experience in corporate affairs to advise you on about increasing outstanding share and other important ideas to maximize your company's potential. Meanwhile, don't berate yourself. As far as I am concerned, you did the right thing -- keep it simple during your take-off and growth phase. Good luck.

Read more
Answered on 11/17/07, 8:09 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Business Law questions and answers in Indiana