Legal Question in Criminal Law in Indiana

my car was parked on a private lot. I was arrested a nd charged witht a crime. The owner of the lot said he did not call in my car nor was it a bother to him . My car was not in connection with a crime. Domestic fight with my spouse. Police towed my car, put it on detective hold and sold my car . My case is pending to be dismissed. Can i sue the city

Asked on 2/11/11, 9:58 am

1 Answer from Attorneys

Jorge GEORGE Rodriguez Law Offices of Jorge "George" Rodriguez

Maybe. How long has it been since all this happened? Did you file a tort claim notice against the city withing the 180 days required by law? Did you receive the letters, communications and pleadings from the IMPD forfeiture office and the lawyers seeking to have your vehicle forfeited and did you respond in a timely manner and appear in court when summoned? What exactly do you mean by "pending to be dismissed?" You should meet with a lawyer who can review your matter and see exactly how you got into this situation.

Read more
Answered on 2/11/11, 11:52 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Criminal Law questions and answers in Indiana