Legal Question in Discrimination Law in Indiana

hostile environment

everyday when i go work for over a year i hear remarks about my sexual oriention death threats i will get shot if i return to work the next day and calling me a pedifile when iam not and the whole damn plant knows about it can i sue

Asked on 4/26/07, 6:09 am

2 Answers from Attorneys

Regina Mullen Legal Data Services, PLC

Re: hostile environment

Contact the Lambda Legal site. They have a base in Chicago, I think. They can refer you to local counsel. It does sound like you have an issue. At any rate, start documenting who is doing what, the complaints you've made to management, and what they do about it.

If you are getting death threats, they have to take that seriously,--as do you. No job is worth getting shot over.

Read more
Answered on 4/26/07, 1:02 pm
Samuel Hasler Samuel Hasler

Re: hostile environment

First, contact the Indiana Civil Rights Commission. You need to go through the administrative agency before filing suit.

Read more
Answered on 4/26/07, 7:50 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Other Discrimination Law (Age, Race, Sex, Gender) questions and answers in Indiana