Legal Question in Discrimination Law in Indiana

I was wondering if I could get some information please? I am a sex offender and was convicted of Sexual Misconduct with a Minor. I was released in 2003, and have to register until 2013. My question is, is there a possibility of getting this felony expunged, and if so, how long before I can. I am a disabled Marine Corps veteran that had sex with a girl that turned out to be 15. I did not know that at the time. I am in no way a threat to little children, I just made a mistake. I unfortunately can not find a job because of my felony, and my disability. I now have a son on the way, and I do not want my future wife and son to have the stigmata of a "predator". If there is anyway I can get some type of help I would greatly appreciate it. I also have completed the required sex offender counseling, and have done everything that the state has required me to do.

Asked on 6/03/10, 9:52 am

1 Answer from Attorneys

Burton Padove Indiana and Illinois Lawyer, Burton A. Padove

The only way of doing so is to file a post conviction motion. As it stands right now, you do not qualify for an expungement. This is a very expensive proposition. I suggest that you contact a local criminal law attorney who can better evaluate whether post conviction relief is available to you.

Read more
Answered on 6/16/10, 6:55 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Other Discrimination Law (Age, Race, Sex, Gender) questions and answers in Indiana