Legal Question in Family Law in Indiana

My son has discovered that his wife has been having an affair. His wife has money from a settlement from a car wreck in which her previous husband was killed and she was injured. She was very controlling before she got her money and she is really bad now. After haveing been done this way in three previous relationships and totally crazy about this woman he is totally devastated. She made him sign a prenup agreement and has taken every dime the he has earned and he has nothing in his name to show for it in the three years they have been together. He has two children from a previous relationship, a boy 14 years of age and a girl age 12. They have two young boys together ages 2 and 3. He has decided to give her custody of the kids knowing full well that she doesn't love them, but that she can provide everything else for them. She is self centered, narcissistic, and immoral. She even let her own sisters underage daughters drink alcohol in her home. My daughter and her friend prevented one of her nieces from getting behind the wheel of her car while drunk. We don't feel like we can do much about the two youngest two because they are hers biologically, but is there anything we can do about the oldest two? She says that if he changes his mind about the oldest two she will fight him for custody. My understanding is the the kids at this age can choose who they wish to live with. She has so totally destroyed, made him think that its all his fault, that he checked himself into a mental hospital to get some help. He is one of the finest, hardworking, loveing people I know and its horrible what shes done to him, and she has no remorse whatsever. We want very much to help him if he wants our help, but the kids are our main concern. They didn't ask for any of this, they just want to be loved. Please help if you can. Thank you so much, Billie Stiffler

Asked on 11/20/09, 9:30 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

Jay Rigdon Rockhill Pinnick LLP

Your best way to help..get him in to talk to an attorney in your community right away. She has no legal rights to custody or visitation as to the stepchildren, regardless of their wishes.

Read more
Answered on 11/30/09, 9:19 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Adoption questions and answers in Indiana