Legal Question in Civil Litigation in Indiana

Property damage

A tree from my neighbors yard was broken off about 6 feet from ground and remained attached but fell into my yard. The neighbor then cut the fallen part free and pushed it into my yard. I paid tree service to remove for $250. Do I have a chance to recover this in small claims court or will the judge find this my responsibility?

Asked on 6/05/09, 9:25 am

2 Answers from Attorneys

Burton Padove Indiana and Illinois Lawyer, Burton A. Padove

Re: Property damage

It is your neighbor's responsibility.

Read more
Answered on 6/06/09, 6:28 pm
C. David DuMond Law Offices of David DuMond

Re: Property damage

The tree and all its problems belong to your neighbor. So the small claims judge will rule in your favor. First, ask the bad neighbor for the name and address of his homeowners insurance agent, and make a claim. Good luck.

Read more
Answered on 6/05/09, 4:45 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More General Civil Litigation questions and answers in Indiana