Legal Question in Personal Injury in Indiana

Auto accident

I am just wondering if you are in a auto accident and the person who is responisible for the accident has no insurace or licence who pays for medicals bills?

Asked on 2/09/04, 7:46 pm

2 Answers from Attorneys

Mary J. Hoeller, R.N., J.D. Attorney At Law

Re: Auto accident

You should check to see if your insurance has med pay coverage for yourself. Otherwise, your health insurance company should pay.

Read more
Answered on 2/10/04, 11:44 am
C. David DuMond Law Offices of David DuMond

Re: Auto accident

Your own auto insurance will cover a certain amount of medical expenses, $1,000 to $5,000 usually, depending on your coverage, no matter who is at fault. If the uninsured motorist is at fault, and you have uninsured motorist coverage, which you probably have if you have liability coverage, then you make a claim against your own insurer for your injuries, pain, suffering, lost wages, etc. You should retain an attorney for that part. Ask your county bar association for a referral.

Read more
Answered on 2/09/04, 8:32 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Personal Injury Law and Tort Law questions and answers in Indiana