Legal Question in Personal Injury in Indiana

Personal Injury in restaurant

I recieved two crushed fingers as I tried to enter a restaurant restroom.This occurred because the entrance door struck an object behind it which I could not see.The object turned out to be an inner door which had been left ajar.As I pushed the door with my left hand to enter I accidentally allowed two of my fingers to extend around the edge onto the back of the door,which as it colided with the inner door edge smashed two of my fingers.Extremely painful-required surgery to relieve the pain.Lost 4 hours of work as well.There was no visible postings of hidden injury hazards.Can I require the restaurant to pay for my medical bill?

Asked on 1/15/04, 8:38 am

2 Answers from Attorneys

Mary J. Hoeller, R.N., J.D. Attorney At Law

Re: Personal Injury in restaurant

You should determine the amount of money that would make you satisfied and ask the restaurant for it. You need to do this within the statute of limitations

Read more
Answered on 1/15/04, 9:00 am
C. David DuMond Law Offices of David DuMond

Re: Personal Injury in restaurant

I expect you will have attorneys jumping out of the trees to advise you about this. To answer your question: yes, you should be able to get the restaurant to reimburse your medical expenses, probably even if they are not liable for negligence. But you may also have a good claim for "premises liability" negligence, so you could recover your lost wages, residual physical and medical damages, and general damages for pain and suffering. Confer with a local attorney with experience in personal injury matters. Consult your county bar association for a referral if you do not know an attorney you trust. Good luck.

Read more
Answered on 1/15/04, 9:10 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Personal Injury Law and Tort Law questions and answers in Indiana