Legal Question in Real Estate Law in Indiana

my husband died1/29/12/ our hose is in his name only what do i do?

Asked on 2/18/12, 10:25 am

2 Answers from Attorneys

Kenneth Wilk Rubino Ruman Crosmer & Polen

The house should probably pass to you, unless there are interests of any prior spouses or children. In order to gain clear title, you are probably going to need to open an estate for your deceased husband, have the house processed through probate and title passed to you. See an appropriate estate planning and probate attorney. While your're at it, make out your own will so that your heirs don't run into the same problems.

Read more
Answered on 2/19/12, 7:10 pm
Burton Padove Indiana and Illinois Lawyer, Burton A. Padove

Ken gives good advice. Additionally, if there is a will, you need to bring that to an attorney to review.

Read more
Answered on 3/11/12, 7:09 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Real Estate and Real Property questions and answers in Indiana