Legal Question in Real Estate Law in Indiana

I have a verbal agreement with the owner of the house I live in. The owner was supposed to do a land deed for the property, now the owner is fighting Alzheimer's. His son was supposed to do this and as of October he is trying to give it to his other brother and now they are playing games with us. If his dad cannot keep up his end of the deal, do his son's have the right to do this? We have paid the taxes on the house as part of the agreement and we have been fixing the house up.

Asked on 5/30/20, 9:19 am

1 Answer from Attorneys

Jay Rigdon Rockhill Pinnick LLP

Verbal agreements for the transfer of land are generally unenforceable. If you wish to protect your investment, you need to contact an attorney in your community NOW to see what your options are to fight this uphill battle.

Read more
Answered on 6/02/20, 8:13 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Real Estate and Real Property questions and answers in Indiana