Legal Question in Real Estate Law in Indiana

I bought a house about a year ago. I just recently decided i want to put a privacy fence around my property. After looking at rough property line maps it seems my neighbor has as shed on my property and my property goes another 20 feet or so closer to his house than i thought. What should I do? I am going to talk to him today to see if I can offer to help him move it. If he decides to be less than civil do i have the right to just level it myself?

Asked on 4/27/20, 10:34 am

1 Answer from Attorneys

Jay Rigdon Rockhill Pinnick LLP

No, don't go level it yourself. Sit down with a real estate attorney in your community to make sure that others are reading the maps the same way you are, and then so a constructive peaceful solution can be reached. Never rely on "rough property line" maps when more precise documents are readily available online.

Read more
Answered on 4/29/20, 1:56 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Real Estate and Real Property questions and answers in Indiana