Legal Question in Wills and Trusts in Indiana

I married my husband 19 yrs ago, He has 2 children boys 27 and 31 yrs old from a previous marriage and We have 2 girls from our marriage ages 17 and 19 yrs old. My husband and I have Life Insurance I have one I pay out quarterly for myself and My husband has one from his work for him and one for me. My husband's sons have had nothing to do with me for 19 yrs, We do not get along, I do not wish to leave them anything from the monies I will receive upon my death, I want my natural Children to share this monies with eachother not their half brothers. How can I get My personal things and monies away from the step children?

Asked on 10/24/11, 2:32 pm

3 Answers from Attorneys

Burton Padove Indiana and Illinois Lawyer, Burton A. Padove

It sounds like you need to make sure that they are not named as beneficiaries on your life insurance. You should also have a will drafted.

Read more
Answered on 10/24/11, 5:50 pm
Voyle A. Glover Attorney at Law

There are things you can do. You might benefit from an article that I wrote on the subject not too long ago

Read more
Answered on 10/25/11, 4:36 pm
Kenneth Wilk Rubino Ruman Crosmer & Polen

You need to do some estate planning, which would entail a combination of a will and perhaps joint tenancies with your children.

Read more
Answered on 10/26/11, 5:16 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Probate, Trusts, Wills & Estates questions and answers in Indiana