Legal Question in Wills and Trusts in Indiana

Mom passed April '10. Closed all bank accounts but one (on all accts..P0A only on this acct) They want a Letter of Testamentary in order to release the $800.00 & close acct. I live in another state & need the cash to help my son (he's in the Army). We were told that since the house was worth less than $20,000 and her assets were less than $1,000 (all accounts added to less than $900) that it did not have to go into Probate Court. We know there is a will but haven't found it yet. I am her only child and my son is my only child. What is my next step & how can I do this quickly?

Asked on 10/26/11, 11:20 am

1 Answer from Attorneys

Kenneth Wilk Rubino Ruman Crosmer & Polen

You need to retain an attorney to help you. Most likely you need a Small Estate Affidavit and Consent to Transfer, which can be done for you quickly.

Read more
Answered on 10/28/11, 10:39 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Probate, Trusts, Wills & Estates questions and answers in Indiana