Legal Question in Real Estate Law in Kansas


I am needing some advice. Four months ago my boyfriend and I moved into an apartment. It is an affordable housing apartment, so we get reduced rent and don't pay for water, trash and sewer. Today, I got a phone call from the tenant saying that we had to switch to a regular unit b/c we did NOT actually qualify. They had auditors who came in and looked through all of their stuff. Should we have to move and pay more each month for a mistake that they made?

Asked on 3/08/16, 1:47 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

Anthony Smith LawSmith

Your question requires more information about which rent assistance program you're in. If this is one where your landlord is paid the difference between what you pay and the fair market rent, you may owe the difference now. If it is one where the landlord has agreed to rent the unit to you for less than fnv, you may be able to stay without paying more than you are now. I suggest that you take your paperwork, and get specific advice from an attorney in it near Shawnee. You were not able to provide enough information from m which your question can be answered Yes or No.

Good luck

Read more
Answered on 3/08/16, 4:43 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Real Estate and Real Property questions and answers in Kansas