Legal Question in Traffic Law in Kansas

I traded a vehicle in to a dealership over two years ago and on Monday I get a letter from a municipal court, in a town 6 hours away, saying there are tickets on this vehicle that haven't been taken care of from last month. I don't own this vehicle but the vin still has my name attached to it. Now because I didn't know about this, I have to appear in person to set up an arraignment date and go to court. I also found out I have a failure to appear for the first court date on this...... I was never informed. I have talked to the court and to the prosecutor but no one will help me. I talked to the dealership and they said that they sold that vehicle at auction. What do I do?

Asked on 8/05/15, 9:55 am

1 Answer from Attorneys

Anthony Smith LawSmith

Sure the Court Court the bill of sale or other document sharing you traded it in. Then, get a copy of the transferred title from Tokens. Sure that to the prosecutor, and the Judge. Examine the tickets, ie what identifying information there is. You didn't give them your license tags. Right?

If you did, it you cannot complete the previous steps in your own, hire an attorney to represent you in these charges. Or, you could just pay all the tickets, and the warrant fee.

Good luck

Read more
Answered on 8/05/15, 10:30 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Traffic Law questions and answers in Kansas