Legal Question in Credit and Debt Law in Kentucky

I'm 19 years old. My dad hasn't paid child support in at least ten years. My mom never tried to collect it. He also lives in mexico. What can I do?

Asked on 10/11/10, 8:43 am

1 Answer from Attorneys

Andrea Welker Welker Law Office

Probably nothing. Your mom can go talk to the county attorney about the arrearages, but unless he comes to the States, they won't be able to collect. If there was a court order in place to pay child support, and he returns to the States, he could be prosecuted for flagrant nonsupport. But with him in Mexico, I'm betting the county attorney won't touch it.

Read more
Answered on 10/16/10, 8:58 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Credit, Debt and Collections Law questions and answers in Kentucky