Legal Question in Credit and Debt Law in Kentucky

My father passed away Dec.2008 and left me the house in the will.Dad still owed on the home,and I've been making the payments on time,so I'am up to date.Dad owed a funeral bill from my mothers buial about 1800.00.The funeral home put a lein on the home about 2 months after dad passed away.Now the funeral home is asking a ridiculious 7500.00 to settle the debt,which is a long way from 1800.00.I do not have 7500.00 so what do I need to do?Also I have the original contract of the funeral home and the totals.Amazingly the signed contract with my fathers name is not his signature it looks like the funeral directors signature.I have found letters from him to dad and it looks like his writing.What do I need to do?

Asked on 9/23/10, 3:33 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

Andrea Welker Welker Law Office

Simply: you need to retain a local attorney to represent you in the dispute. It sounds as though you have defenses to the judgment amount, but it is uncertain from the facts here, what has happened so far in the court process. You should take all of your documents to an attorney for review. Many attorneys even offer a free consultation.

Read more
Answered on 9/30/10, 8:35 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Credit, Debt and Collections Law questions and answers in Kentucky