Legal Question in Credit and Debt Law in Kentucky

I loaned my son and daughter-in-law $6000.00 and we made an agreement that they would pay $25.00 per week until it was paid back.They have gotten the balance down to $5084.00 and it has been several months since they have paid anything on it.My son drives a truck over the road so I wrote a letter to my daughter-in-law a letter and sent her several messages wanting my money but she has ignored me.I have a canceled check That I wrote out to them and stated that it was a loan.I also have receipts on payments they have made.What can I do in order to collect my money?

Asked on 9/16/09, 3:18 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

Bryan Gowin Bryan Gowin Attorney at Law

You can file a civil lawsuit for collection of the amounts due in circuit court against both of them.

Read more
Answered on 9/21/09, 8:48 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Credit, Debt and Collections Law questions and answers in Kentucky