Legal Question in Credit and Debt Law in Kentucky

i owe a debt from several years ago and i am recently remarried and we have a joint checking account. my wife just received her income tax check via direct deposit and she also just received her paycheck via direct deposit and this company attached our checking account and completely wiped out everything we had in the checking account. of which none of the money was mine and my wife has proof that it was her check and her income tax that was in the account, is there anything that i can do to get her money back?

Asked on 2/08/10, 4:52 am

1 Answer from Attorneys

Mary Cartwright Smith & Cartwright, LLC

If you file for bankruptcy, you can get the money back if the total amount taken by a single creditor is more than $600.

It can take one to four months for your bankruptcy lawyer to accomplish this.

You will need to file for bankruptcy quickly, because the right to get the money back only lasts for 90 days from the date it was seized.

Mary Cartwright, Smith & Cartwright LLC, 502-618-2486

Read more
Answered on 2/14/10, 2:21 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Credit, Debt and Collections Law questions and answers in Kentucky