Legal Question in Credit and Debt Law in Kentucky

I sold a house at a short sale. The lender issued a "release from lean". After the sale, the lender sent me a bill for the balance. I sent in a copy of the release and they went away. Now a year later and they refuse to take it off my credit report. Is there any recourse?

Asked on 3/16/11, 5:47 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

Andrea Welker Welker Law Office

I'm assuming what is on your credit report is saying you still owe the balance? I would think that you could provide that documentation to the three credit reporting bureaus and have it removed. But if that avenue does not work, I would suggest retaining the services of an attorney. Often times a letter and a few phone calls from a lawyer can get such a matter resolved without having to file suit.

Read more
Answered on 3/17/11, 10:04 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Credit, Debt and Collections Law questions and answers in Kentucky