Legal Question in Family Law in Kentucky

how much??more can she get

My ex makes around $1,300 a month and I make $5,600 a month now. and I pay 83%health ins when the child support was set(I pay $375 for 1 child and i have never been late, it was set 13 years ago and i only made $2,500and she made $500 a month, back in 1995.can you please give me a idea on how much more she could get or whats the percent% she can get and do they take in count I'm re-married with 2 children.Just trying to prepare for the lost of income.thank you so much for your time.

Asked on 2/26/08, 9:08 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

Rene Heinrich The Heinrich Firm

Re: how much??more can she get

The courts don't care so much about children you had after the original marriage and children, so that won't matter. However, you are paying a small amount for support right now. I expect if she would file a motion it would go up significantly, although I can't tell you specifically without knowing health insurance and child care costs. The judge always has the right to lower it, so it may be in your best interest to get a local lawyer to represent you.

Read more
Answered on 2/29/08, 8:27 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Adoption questions and answers in Kentucky