Legal Question in Criminal Law in Louisiana

my son has been arrested for negligent homicide in the death of my grandson. another person who was also there has confessed to several people that he killed my grandson. what do I do? the detectives will not return my calls. i trust no one around here to help.

Asked on 8/17/18, 1:41 am

1 Answer from Attorneys

Vincent Miceli Law Office of Vincent Miceli

Contact your son's attorney. A confession or admission of a crime is considered a statement against interest and is admissible in court as it is an exception to the hearsay rule.

Also, if another individual admits to the crime, then that is considered exculpatory evidence and the state has an obligation to pursue it.

Again, contact your son's attorney.

Read more
Answered on 8/17/18, 6:47 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Criminal Law questions and answers in Louisiana