Legal Question in Family Law in Louisiana

My husband and I have been married less than two years and he purchased our house for us before we were married using only his name and income. He has since become unable to work and my income is now the only one in the household. I have been paying the mortgage and all the utilities completely by myself for about the last ten months now. If we were to seperate and divorce, what are my chances of getting the house since Louisiana is a community property state?

Asked on 2/02/10, 4:33 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

Robert Louque The Louque Law Firm, L.L.C.

You are not entitled to the house as it is his separate property. You have rights to reimbursement in some circumstances and you should probably talk to an attorney about those rights in the event you decide to obtain a divorce.

Read more
Answered on 2/07/10, 4:57 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Adoption questions and answers in Louisiana