Legal Question in Family Law in Louisiana

Marriage is over

After only 3 months of marriage, my son in law walked out of his marriage. He has an anxiety disorder and she would like to know if she can file for an annulment of their marriage? they have no children together.

Asked on 3/22/08, 4:19 am

1 Answer from Attorneys

Robert Louque The Louque Law Firm, L.L.C.

Re: Marriage is over

A legal annulment can only be obtained if there is some legal defect in the marriage (which is very uncommon) even if married only a day or two.

It is likely your daughter would need to file for a divorce.

She still may be able to get a church annulment depending on the religion and other circumstances.

Read more
Answered on 3/22/08, 4:26 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Adoption questions and answers in Louisiana