Legal Question in Civil Litigation in Louisiana

I just purchased property in Webster Parish Louisiana. The previous owner rented the property to a couple so they could have a place to put their mobile home. I purchased the property with intent to move my mobile home it. Can I just write them a letter telling them I would like for them to move their mobile home off of my property so I can take possession of the property? I plan on giving them until November 1, 2017 to be off the property.

Asked on 9/23/17, 6:11 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

Andrew Casanave Andrew M. Casanave

If they have a written lease you are bound to it for its term. If not, it is probably month to month. You do have to inform them 1 month in advance.

Read more
Answered on 9/23/17, 10:00 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More General Civil Litigation questions and answers in Louisiana