Legal Question in Social Security Law in Louisiana

My father used my social to get two different phones in my name. He faked the first name and used my last name. He admitted he did it. At first I was going to let him pay it off then, I kept getting phones calls from the collection places telling ME I owed money. He once again lied and made up a fake account and didnt pay. He also used my little sisters social a few years and was brought to court by her mother. What do I do? (I have already put a fraud alert out on my credit report)

Asked on 9/30/10, 10:16 am

1 Answer from Attorneys

Martha Amanda Mandi Lucas Mandie Seale Lucas

You will need to call the police and proceed against him for identity theft , etc. You can then inform any creditors that it is a criminal matter.

Read more
Answered on 10/05/10, 4:27 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Social Security Law questions and answers in Louisiana