Legal Question in Social Security Law in Louisiana

Ss benefits for minor children

My two grandson's father died in January 2009. He did not pay any child support

Are they entitled to social security survivor benefits?

I doubt if he paid much into the system.

Asked on 1/14/09, 11:32 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

Nick Pizzolatto, Jr. Pizzolatto Law Office

Re: Ss benefits for minor children

They may be. You need to make an appointment with the SS office and ask them what you need to have to prove he was their father and that he died. They will help you. It is their job. Or, you can go online to the SS website and navigate through and maybe find your answers. I do not know off the top of my head.

Read more
Answered on 1/15/09, 9:02 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Social Security Law questions and answers in Louisiana