Legal Question in Social Security Law in Louisiana

Social Security Benefits

My soon to be ex husband is now receiving Social Security Benefits so my 2 sons are also eligible. He has asked me to say he has custody of the boys, I said NO. He states if I do not get the boys seperate bank accounts and give him the award letters once I receive them he will stop the payments. They only get 60.00 per month because he get worker compensation so SS is offset by the WC. Can my boys get worker compensation from him?

Asked on 9/14/07, 9:41 am

1 Answer from Attorneys

Nick Pizzolatto, Jr. Pizzolatto Law Office

Re: Social Security Benefits

I do not believe they can get WC benefits like they get SS benefits, but you can get a portion of the WC as child support from your soon-to-be-ex. Also, you may get to claim some of HIS SS benefits if it is not SSI.

Read more
Answered on 9/14/07, 10:15 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Social Security Law questions and answers in Louisiana