Legal Question in Wills and Trusts in Louisiana

Louisiana: my stepfather died and his succession done. My mother is usuafructory, but there is one son that is 1/2 heir. Can she sell or donate a vehicle? I read Civil Code Article 16, but am still uncertain. I am reading it as she has the right to sell, but he is intitled to 1/2 proceeds. Would she need his permission to sell?

Asked on 3/31/20, 10:37 am

1 Answer from Attorneys

James Maguire James G. Maguire, Attorney At Law

The person who is the succession rep (administrator or executor) would have the authority to sell.

Read more
Answered on 4/01/20, 6:30 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Probate, Trusts, Wills & Estates questions and answers in Louisiana