Legal Question in Wills and Trusts in Louisiana

My parents died with no will but they told each child how they wanted the land divided. Now my siblings don't want to do it that way. They are trying to force me to sign the deed. What happens if I don't sign

Asked on 8/30/18, 8:09 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

Adam Lambert The Law Office of Adam S. Lambert

Without a will, the property is divided according to law. If you won't sign, their only option would be to force a partition in court.

Read more
Answered on 9/19/18, 9:35 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Probate, Trusts, Wills & Estates questions and answers in Louisiana