Legal Question in Wills and Trusts in Louisiana

My Dad passed away 2015. His wife is now selling off his stuff. Motorcycles, boat, camper, guns. Is that legal? I don’t know if she’s filed succession, but aren’t my brother and I entitled to a say? What if we didn’t want his stuff sold, but kept in the family??

Asked on 3/31/18, 3:08 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

Adam Lambert The Law Office of Adam S. Lambert

She has to open succession. You can open the succession yourself. In fact, if he did not have a will, you are his heir, so you should open it. You should contact a lawyer in your area who handles successions and estates. Any sole practitioner should do it, or at least point you to someone who does.

Read more
Answered on 4/04/18, 1:43 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Probate, Trusts, Wills & Estates questions and answers in Louisiana