Legal Question in Wills and Trusts in Louisiana

Can I sell my undivided interest in property?

Asked on 2/01/18, 7:42 am

1 Answer from Attorneys

Adam Lambert The Law Office of Adam S. Lambert

Legally, I think it is POSSIBLE, but it would never happen, as nobody would ever buy an undivided interest. If the other owner(s) won't sell or buy you out or subdivide the property (or whatever it is you want to do), your only option is to file a petition to partition the property. The Court will have the entire property sold and have everyone paid.

Read more
Answered on 2/06/18, 1:26 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Probate, Trusts, Wills & Estates questions and answers in Louisiana