Legal Question in Wills and Trusts in Louisiana

In Louisiana, if my father has a notarized will stating that the property & house should go to me, can my mother still inherit before me?

Asked on 4/17/17, 11:52 am

1 Answer from Attorneys

James Maguire James G. Maguire, Attorney At Law

Your father's will only controls his one-half of the community property. The other half is owned by your mother, and she can do whatever she wants to with her half.

Read more
Answered on 4/17/17, 6:41 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Probate, Trusts, Wills & Estates questions and answers in Louisiana