Legal Question in Wills and Trusts in Louisiana

Sister & I inherited from our father (who lived in Louisiana) a mortgaged property in Alabama. Father had a judgment on him from a house in Florida. We want to sell the Alabama house and clear the judgment from Florida. How do we do this? Can we do this?

Asked on 3/22/17, 8:21 am

1 Answer from Attorneys

James Maguire James G. Maguire, Attorney At Law

You can sell the house in Alabama. As part of that sale the mortgage must be satisfied. The remainder will go to you and your sister.

Line up an agent for the sale. Whoever does the closing will research the title and identify the mortgage holder and the amount of the mortgage.

Read more
Answered on 3/22/17, 8:45 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Probate, Trusts, Wills & Estates questions and answers in Louisiana