Legal Question in Civil Litigation in Maine

If I traded a laptop for a flat screen TV and the other person involved said there was nothing wrong with it but when I hooked it up it didn't not work at all and refuses to return my laptop and take back his property. How can I rectify this issue?

Asked on 7/05/16, 11:28 am

1 Answer from Attorneys

Jerome Gamache Ainsworth Thelin & Raftice, P.A.

The legal answer is to file a small claims action. There is a filing fee of $55, plus you will need to spend a few hours in Court, so this would need to be a case where you are enforcing the principle of what is right and what is wrong. The bets way to learn how to file a small claims action is to go to the Court website and there is a guide, I have pasted the link for you here. I am not sure if lawguru will allow the link to come through, if it does not, go to and click the tabs for "courts" to find small claims court. Good luck.

Read more
Answered on 7/06/16, 5:29 am

Related Questions & Answers

More General Civil Litigation questions and answers in Maine