Legal Question in Legal Ethics in Maine

we are a older retired disabled couple We purchased a house with a lawyer and home owner. Its all payed off we hold the mortgage. Our bank continued making payments and that was discovered 24 payments later. previous owner has discontinued all ways to contact her after we notified her of the mistake. We notified the police they said we need to go after her bank. that didn't work. How can we get our 10,000.00+ back?

Asked on 10/19/17, 11:09 am

1 Answer from Attorneys

David Marchese Drummond & Drummond, LLP

You could start with the Maine Bureau of Consumer Credit Protection (800-332-8529) and the Maine Bureau of Financial Institutions (800-965-5235) who would offer free assistance. If that does not resolve your issue, then you may have to litigate/file suit against the owner who received the excess payments. My firm would be happy to assist. Our number: 207-774-0317.

Read more
Answered on 10/20/17, 8:29 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Legal Ethics & Professional Responsibility questions and answers in Maine