Legal Question in Bankruptcy in Maryland

Defendant filed for bankruptcy ch7 less than 30 days after we agreed to lowered consent judgement. Missing incomes and based on settlement, missing means test sheet, missing documents for financial management course, and she either lied on her lease or she is lieing on bankruptcy sheet based on the paperwork. What next steps do I have in this matter as a sole creditor and my meeting of creditors is soon.

Asked on 2/04/21, 4:57 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

Daniel Press Chung & Press, P.C.

If you believe there was fraud, you need to file a lawsuit (adversary proceeding) in the bankruptcy court to either have your debt found non-dischargeble or to deny the debtor a discharge. You would be well advised to consult with an experienced bankruptcy lawyer, and have a lawyer file the suit, as it is full-blown federal litigation.

Read more
Answered on 2/04/21, 7:39 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Bankruptcy Law questions and answers in Maryland