Legal Question in Business Law in Maryland

I have a Maryland corporation that I would like to reincorporate in Delaware. I understand that there is a process I need to go through on the Delaware side, but what do I need to do from the Maryland side? Is it as simple as dissolving the corporation once it is incorporated in Delaware?

Asked on 1/26/15, 11:55 am

1 Answer from Attorneys

Michael Mulshine Rostam Law, LLC

It could be as easy as dissolving the Maryland Corporation. The key is how to transfer the current assets to the Delaware Corporation. This can be accomplished in a number of ways. However you may want to investigate the possibility that Delaware will allow you to complete a conversion of the existing entity, instead of having to do a merger or some sort of asset sale.

You can reference Section 265 of the Delaware General Corporation Law for more information about conversions.

Read more
Answered on 1/26/15, 12:02 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Business Law questions and answers in Maryland