Legal Question in Business Law in Maryland

I've worked for a private detective company for several years . We use to receive our pay checks by mail . I have just recently stopped working for them .. I have a paycheck dated back to 9/4/13 in the amount of $1400.00 . Last week I sent them an email asking them if they would cut me a new check or do a direct deposit into my paypal account

Today I received a response from her saying they had repeatedly asked me to cash the checks and that the books are closed !

Do I have any legal rights to get paid for the work I did ?

Thank you ! 😔

Asked on 7/20/15, 11:13 am

1 Answer from Attorneys

Robert Sher Wagshal and Sher

You are definitely entitled to be paid. Have you tried depositing or cashing the old check? You might have to file a lawsuit under the MD wage and hour law. First I suggest you call the Dept. of Labor for MD (410 230-6110,6223,6116) to see if they can intervene on your behalf.

Read more
Answered on 7/20/15, 12:50 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Business Law questions and answers in Maryland